As we all know that special Namkeen are available for people who observe fasts. You can buy these special namkeen consumed in fasting from the market or can even prepare them at home. It can be made easily at home and will definitely be more good than the namkeen available in the market.
Namkeens eaten in fasts can be made in various ways. You can use peanuts and sago (sabudana) to make namkeen. You can add any kind of mewa as er your taste and preference into it to enhance its taste. Just prepare the namkeen one day and eat it for all 9 days of the fasting. I am sure you will definitely like it.
Ingredients for Sago (Sabudana) Namakeen for fast/Navratra
- Sago ( sabudana) – 200gms. (1/2cup)
- Peanuts – 200gms. (1 cup)
- Almonds – 15-20
- Refined oil or ghee – to fry.
- Coconut – cut into thin slice (1/2 cup)
- Saindha salt – 1 tea spoon.
- Black pepper – 1/2 tea spoon.
- Method – How to make Sago (Sabudana) Namakeen for fast/Navratra
Take a big pan and put sago in it. Pour 2 tea spoon water, mix it well and leave the mixture for 10 minutes so that they become moist. Clean the peanuts and keep them in a small bowl.