Khana Khazana : This divine mithai is also called “Besan ki Chakki” or “Mohanthal”. This is usually made at weddings and on special occasions. It is a complicated mithai to make and one needs a little practice to perfect this recipe
2 cups coarsely ground besan (Bengal gram flour)
1 cup ghee
1 cup (150 grams) grated mava (khoya)
1 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
For the sugar syrup
1 1/2 cups (300 grams) sugar
1 cup water
2 tbsp milk
For the garnish
4 tbsp chopped almonds (badam) and pistachios
- Place the gram flour in a bowl.
- Heat the ghee and pour half of it over the gram flour.
- Rub the ghee into the gram flour till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Put the remaining hot ghee in a kadhai, add the gram flour mixture and cook till the mixture is golden brown, stirring continuously.
- Add the grated khoya and cardamom powder and stir for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool till it is warm.
Get more Recipes in Hindi here at http://www.jagran.com/lifestyle/khana-khazana-hindi.html